Thursday, December 01, 2005

Resuming New Zealand: Part V: Crazy birds and other curiosities

Crazy Keas:
The picture directly below, it's hard to see because of the camoflauging effect, but there is a bird on the hood of the car. It's right next to where the hood becomes the windscreen. Click the picture to enlarge it, and you might better be able to see it:



Here's that same bird: (I typoed "sane" and corrected to "same" and shook my head, because clearly the bird is not sane)



And a close-up of the very people-friendly and bold Kea:



And here is a waterfall, diverted so that it does not flood the road:



Coming next: pictures at the very cold and windy beach. A preview:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap! That road scares the crap out of me! It's just stuck on the side of the mountain... eek!

3:10 AM  
Blogger Emilie said...

Yeah, I guess it is a bit scary-looking =) I didn't think so at the time, I'm glad I don't have to drive it again now!!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home