Friday, August 19, 2005

Tasmania, Part IV



John, driving on "the wrong side" of the car and road.



Between Hobart and Port Arthur, we stopped to look at this inlet, and I took a picture of where we were. Notice that Hobart is in parentheses on the sign. We didn't find out the reason for this, but our suspicion is that if you must change roads, the destination appears in parentheses. Since we had to take a couple of highways to get back to Hobart, it was in parentheses... once we got on the highway that took us directly to Hobart, the city name stopped being in parentheses.



This is a view of the inlet. Very pretty!



John & me in front of the inlet...



Mama Tasmanian Devil with Baby Tasmanian Devil clinging to her back. When we first got to her enclosure (at the Tasmanian Devil Wildlife Refuge), we saw only the mom. A moment later, there was a grunting and squeaking noise, and then the baby jumped out of her pouch and onto her back. Tasmanian Devils are marsupials, so they have pouches like kangaroos, koalas, and all other marsupials.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the little devils are so cute!!!!

That is so interesting about the parentheses. If you find out more, let me know. I'm such a geek like that. :D

- Colleen

10:45 PM  
Blogger Emilie said...

I know, I love the little Devils. =)

I couldn't find anything official about the parentheses, so it's still a theory of mine =/ I will definitely let you know if I figure anything out for sure. =)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home